Before You Arrive (Transfer Students)
Transfer students, find out what you should do before you arrive on campus.
- Visit MyApplication to confirm your documents and records are complete.
- Activate and check your UCSD e-mail account — it's the official means of communication on campus.
- If you’ll be living on campus, update and secure your computer at home before you arrive (and read all the suggestions and tips about connecting to the campus network).
- Sign-up for your college’s orientation program via the New Student Site to learn about academic resources, campus services, opportunities for involvement, and much more!
- Visit your college and department websites to learn more about academic requirements, as well as activities going on within your discipline.
- Review the undergraduate degree requirements section of the catalog.
- Check to see if you need to take any necessary placement exams before your first quarter.
- Review TritonLink — The Academics, Campus Services, Finances & Jobs, Student Life, and Well-Being tabs have a wealth of information about campus and student life.
- Visit ASSIST to review college and major requirements satisfied at your community college.
- Review the IGETC guidelines if you have participated in this program.
- Consider taking Summer Session courses if you are missing lower division major requirements. Some lower division requirements are pre-requisites for upper division major courses.
- ACTA: Check out the All-Campus Transfer Association on Facebook for information of interest to transfer students and to learn about social events.
- Transfer Connect: Available for all new students, Thurgood Marshall College offers students the opportunity to connect with members of the UC San Diego faculty through the Marshall Mentor Program.