Plan Your First Quarter Schedule (Freshmen)
Follow these steps to plan your class schedule for your first quarter:
- Review your college advisor’s recommendation for your first quarter schedule. They will e-advise you through the New Student Site.
- Refer to the UCSD General Catalog section on Courses/Curricula to review the requirements for your major and determine the order in which they must be completed.
- Check your academic department/program website for additional advising information including a projected full-year course schedule.
- Take a limited number of courses during your first quarter.
- College advisors typically recommend you enroll in 16 units (four 4-unit courses).
- A minimum of 12 units is required to be considered full-time and eligible for financial aid.
- Part-time registration must meet certain criteria and requires an application.
- Review the enrollment tutorial (PDF).
- Check out the video version of the WebReg tutorial. You will use WebReg to register for classes in mid- to late August for fall quarter.
- Use the Enrollment Checklist to help you navigate the enrollment process.
- Note that 2-pass enrollment does not apply for your first quarter registration. You're allowed to be enrolled and/or wait-listed for a total of 19.5 units until the first day of classes.