Guidance for Academic Success
Check out these tips to help you succeed academically at UCSD.
- Make an academic plan to ensure optimal time to degree.
- During your first year, meet with your college and major advisors to map out an academic plan.
- Your plan should cover: major requirements, college’s general education, University requirements, and overall unit requirements.
- Stay in touch with your college and major advisors throughout your academic career.
- Refer to Academic Regulations as a resource throughout your undergraduate career.
- Keep your enrollment appointments and refer to the Enrollment and Registration Calendar.
- Visit the Office of Academic Support & Instructional Services (OASIS):
- They provide tutoring in languages, math, science, and study management among other services — all at no cost.
- Check out the office for Student Educational Advancement:
- Their mission is motivating and preparing educationally disadvantaged, low-income, and first-generation college students for college success and graduate school.
- Take advantage of opportunities found on the Academic Enrichment and Resources Web page.
- Meet with your professors. They are important resources for mentoring, helping guide you in your professional and educational goals and in finding research opportunities.
- Attend office hours — your instructors want to hear from you during these scheduled times.