Seniors, 1-unit seminars provide a unique learning experience in a dynamic environment.
- Classes that meet 8 to 10 hours during a quarter (usually once a week)
- A small class of 20 students who are excited to learn about the topic
- One unit of P/NP credit, which eliminates the pressures of achieving a letter grade
- New or different seminars each quarter
Note: You can complete no more than 4 seminars during your college career, and none of the seminars can be repeated. Prerequisites apply, and a department stamp is required for all seminars.
In a seminar, you are expected to:
- Attend regularly, as participation and attendance are important factors in the learning process
- Participate in any required readings, projects, short papers, or quizzes
- Complete at least 1 to 2 hours of related work per week outside of the seminar
Find out how to enroll in a 1-unit senior seminar (course number 192).
If you have questions, contact: