How to Transfer Courses (Undergraduates)
If you're a current student and plan to transfer outside course work to UCSD, read Information for Current Students About Transfer Credit (PDF), and follow the steps below.
Identify courses that you can transfer.
Note: See your college or department advisor for possible additional approximations or substitutions.
- Check UCSD requirements:
- A grade of C- or better may be required by certain departments. Please check with your department for clarification.
- Prior approvals for substitution of transfer courses for UCSD requirements are required by some colleges and departments. Ask your college or department advisor for additional information.
- Writing courses are restricted at some colleges. You must take all of your writing courses at UCSD if you attend:
- Thurgood Marshall College
- Eleanor Roosevelt College
- Earl Warren College
- Use ASSIST, an online student-transfer information resource, to check approved lower-division courses taken at California community colleges.
Transfer the course work:
- Arrange to have your official transcripts sent from the institution you attended to the UCSD Admissions Office.
- Check with your college or department for additional reviews or approvals of your transfer course work.
If you have questions, contact: