Undergraduate Research Overview
Undergraduate research can provide valuable experience for all students, no matter what your field of study or major.
Participating in undergraduate research at UCSD gives you the opportunity to:
- Work one-on-one with internationally distinguished faculty.
- Participate in cutting-edge research projects with far-reaching impact.
- Make significant contributions to a field you care about.
- Enhance your competitiveness for graduate or professional school admission or high-level employment.
- Be a part of the UCSD Annual Undergraduate Research Conference.
As a student researcher, you can receive instruction and experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Basic and advanced research protocols and procedures
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Drafting and completing research papers
- Presenting research findings at scholarly and professional society meetings (on-campus, statewide, national)
- Collaboration with research team members and other researchers
To learn more, see Is Undergraduate Research for You?
To get involved now, use the following resources: