How to Replace Your Student Campus Card
If you have found a Campus Card, return it
- In person:
Student Services Center (map)
- By mail:
Student Business Services
9500 Gilman Dr. # 0050
La Jolla, CA 92093-0050
Find out how to replace your Campus Card in the following situations:
Contact Student Business Services (SBS) Lost and Found by phone (858) 822-4727, e-mail, or by visiting the office (map) to see if the card was turned in. (It may take up to 1 week for the card to be turned in to SBS.)
- If you have Dining Dollars or a Triton Cash account, you can get a temporary card that's valid for 1 week. Call Triton Card Accounts Services, (858) 534-7587, for more information.
- If the card is not found, you'll need to request a reprint. See instructions below.
File a police report and get a copy of the report or the case number.
- Go to SBS (map) with the police report or case number.
- You will get a reprinted card at no cost.
- If you have Dining Dollars or a Triton Cash account, call Triton Card Accounts Services, (858) 534-7587, to report the theft.
Go to SBS (map) to request a reprint (duplicate replacement card).
- Reprints cost $15. You can either:
- Pay at the Cashier's Office (map), and take your receipt to SBS (map),or
- Tell SBS to charge your student account.
- You can request to have a new picture taken at the time you receive your reprint.
- Once your new card is printed, your old card can no longer be used to access your Dining Dollars or Triton Cash account.
- If you have a temporary Meal Card,y ou must return it to either Triton Card Accounts Services or Campus Cards, in order for your new card to be activated.
Take the card to SBS (map).
- If the problem is due to normal wear and tear, SBS will replace it free.
- If you damaged your card, you'll need to pay $15 for a reprint (see above).
- If you're unable to gain access to a lab or building, check with the responsible department to make sure you are authorized to use it. Have them test your card and attempt to re-encode it if necessary.
- If the card needs to be replaced, the department must complete the Replacement ID Card Form and bring it to Student Business Services with your card for additional testing.
- Depending on the error, you may or may not be charged the $15 replacement fee.
- If your card doesn't work at the dining hall, the cashier should enter your PID at the register so you can get your meal (this can only be done once). Take your card to SBS for testing and possible replacement.
File a Request for Name Change with the Registrar's Office.
- To obtain a new card, take a valid form of ID with your new name on it to the Registrar's Office.
- After 10 business days, go to SBS, pay the $15 replacement fee (map) to get a new Campus Card.
Need more information?
Contact Campus Cards, (858) 822-4727.