How to Use Vocational Rehabilitation Funds
Learn how to pay your bill using California vocational rehabilitation funds.
These programs may affect your award package. Please contact the Financial Aid Office prior to submitting your authorization if you are concerned about any award changes.
Request authorization from your California State Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) Office.
- Find the DOR office located near you, or call the San Diego County Department of Rehabilitation's District Office at (619) 767-2100.
- Ask for an authorization form or letter to be mailed or faxed to Student Business Services at UCSD:
University of California, San Diego
Student Business Services
9500 Gilman Drive, Mail Code 0025
La Jolla, CA 92093-0025
Fax: (858) 822-2713
- Request authorization as soon as possible before the quarter begins, so payment can be posted on time to your student account (see Billing Due Dates).
Verify UCSD's receipt of the authorization.
- Contact Student Business Services, (858) 822-4727.
- After receiving the DOR's authorization, Student Business Services will credit your student account with the vocational rehab funds.
Check your student account to verify payment.
- View your bill online.
- UCSD invoices the DOR for payment each authorized quarter.
For additional services, register with UCSD's Office for Students with Disabilities.
- Visit the Office for Students with Disabilities at 202 University Center (map), or call (858) 534-4382.
- Find out whether other services are available to you.
Monitor your status.
- If your status changes or you are no longer eligible for vocational rehabilitation funds, you may be billed for your fees directly.