Math and Science Tutorial Program (MSTP)
About the workshops
OASIS math and science workshops are structured group-learning study-sessions led by a tutor who explains course concepts and encourages a collaborative learning environment.
Each workshop session is 2 hours and meets twice a week. Attendance is mandatory.
Most workshops are course-specific, and pace a particular professor or lecture.
Monday of Week 10 Every Quarter:
Applications for upcoming quarter are available online
- Please look here to apply to a workshop: Workshop Schedules & Application
- You will need to use your Single Sign-on (SSO) in order to apply.
- Please review the PDFs to find the workshops that best fit your schedule and then sign in to select your workshop.
Due to the high number of workshop applications, waitlists are common. If you've been placed on a waitlist, you may not attend the workshop until you are admitted.
- On Friday of Week 1, check your workshop status online.
- If you're admitted, you must come to the next scheduled workshop, or you will be dropped.
- If you are on a waitlist, you will then be notified by email if space becomes available and you are admitted into the workshop.
Attendance is mandatory.
You can be dropped if you miss:
- The first workshop of the quarter
- An entire week of workshop
- More than 2 workshops in any given quarter
If you have a conflict with part of a workshop you may still apply, although priority is given to students who can make all hours of the workshop.
Due to the emphasis on collaborative learning in workshop, students arriving late or leaving early are disruptive to the learning environment. If you find that the workshop is not conducive to your schedule and you need to drop your workshop, please sign in to the application online and drop your workshop to open the seat for another student.
- Good attendance
- Good attitude
- Readiness to work in groups
- Respect for workshop leader and peers
- Week 9, Monday: Workshop schedules are posted for the following quarter.
- Week 10, Monday: Workshop applications for the following quarter are available online (see bottom of page).
- Week 1, Friday: Admitted students are notified via UCSD e-mail and can check their status here.
- Week 2, Monday: Workshops begin.
- Week 4, Friday: Last day to apply for a workshop.