If you're a first-year freshman with freshman or sophomore standing, you can take a freshman seminar.
- Classes that meet 8 to 10 hours during a quarter
- A small class of 20 students who are excited to learn about the topic
- One unit of P/NP credit, which eliminates the pressures of achieving a letter grade
- Exclusive enrollment for first-year freshmen
- New or different seminars each quarter
Note: You can complete no more than 4 seminars during your college career, and none of the seminars can be repeated. Seminars do not apply toward your department or college requirements.
In a seminar, you are expected to:
- Attend regularly, as participation is part of the seminar experience
- Share ideas during discussions
- Spend 1 to 2 hours per week outside class on reading, projects, short papers, or quiz preparation
Find out how to enroll in a 1-unit freshman seminar (course number 87).
If you have questions, contact: