UC San Diego SearchMenu

How to Enroll in Classes Outside UCSD

Find out how UC San Diego undergraduates can take classes at other colleges and universities.

If you're an undergraduate who wants to take classes at another institution, explore the following programs:

  • Through Cross-Campus Enrollment (UC Online), all University of California (UC) students can take online courses across the UC system.

  • The Simultaneous Enrollment Program allows you to take one class at another University of California campus while simultaneously enrolled at UCSD.

  • The Cross Enrollment Program enables you to take classes at California State University (CSU) campuses.

  • The Intercampus Visitor Program is an option if you want to visit another UC campus for a quarter.

  • ASSIST is an online student-transfer information resource you can use if you want to take approved lower-division courses at California community colleges.

Before you decide:

Talk with your college and department advisors for more information.

Be sure to read through How to Transfer Courses to make sure the classes you take will transfer to UCSD.