Triton Community Leadership Institute
Discover Your Potential as a Student Leader at UC San Diego
TCLI is a summer residential program for new freshmen students who are the first generation in their family to attend college and/or have financial need. The institute includes inspiring and interactive sessions on leadership, conflict resolution, diversity, and social justice. Participants also attend monthly meetings throughout the first year of college to strengthen bonds and continue growth as a supportive community of student leaders.
- Meet and network with peers, established student leaders, and key administrators
- Get the inside scoop on getting involved in your first year in college
- Learn valuable communication and leadership skills
- Be empowered to make a difference at UC San Diego
Attend the Triton Community Leadership Institute (TCLI) and discover your potential as a student leader at UC San Diego. You are invited to attend this selective 3-day/2-night institute on the UC San Diego campus August 19-21.
A maximum of 50 aspiring student leaders are selected annually for this institute and receive a scholarship to cover nearly all program costs. Through this initial investment of your time, we expect you to pursue many leadership opportunities throughout your undergraduate career at UC San Diego.
- TCLI is not a substitute for your college orientation. Please follow your college’s instructions for attending orientation.
- Those who are attending other summer programs that run concurrently (i.e. Summer Bridge) cannot attend TCLI due to time conflicts.
What is Included
- 2 night accommodation in a UC San Diego residence hall, including all meals
- All program sessions led by professional staff and established student leaders
- T-shirt, water bottle, and other program materials
- Certificate of completion awarded at the Closing Luncheon
Those who are accepted to the program receive a scholarship to cover all program expenses minus a registration fee of $25.
How to Attend
- Applications will be accepted beginning June 2 and must be submitted by Friday, June 27. The process is selective so be sure to thoughtfully and completely respond to all the written questions.
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent via email no later than July 11.
- If you are accepted to the institute, a $25 registration fee will be due by July 25.
- Pack your bags for TCLI August 19 - 21!
For more information:
Contact Brett Robertson, Center for Student Involvement (858) 822-2090; firstname.lastname@example.org.