Counseling on Legal Topics
Student Legal Services provides counseling on legal topics (as well as education and referrals) for registered UCSD students and student clubs and organizations.
About counseling at
Student Legal Services
- All initial sessions are scheduled by appointment only, as we must verify student status by checking your valid student ID card.
- To make a counseling appointment, contact Student Legal Services, (858) 534-4374.
- All counseling sessions are confidential. We won't tell anyone that you consulted with our office, nor will we reveal to anyone the details of what was discussed.
- You may bring a friend, parent, or another person to the session, but we'll ask you to sign a confidentiality waiver that allows us to discuss the facts of your case with another person.
- In some cases, we may refer you to a private attorney or help you identify another organization to provide the assistance you need.
- Before you meet with a Student Legal Services staff member or a private attorney, read more about how to talk with an attorney, so you can obtain the best possible representation.
Counseling for individuals
Counseling for clubs and student organizations
- Members may meet with someone on our staff to discuss any legal problems or concerns facing the organization.
- We also offer a preventive legal education series. Some regularly scheduled topics may be of interest to your group. We can also design workshops for your specific student organization. For example, we can conduct a patent and intellectual property law workshop for the Computer Engineering Club. Learn more about planning a custom workshop designed for your group's needs.
If you have questions, or to schedule a counseling appointment:
Contact Student Legal Services
, (858) 534-4374.