Learn about E-Check, the payment process that allows you to pay your student bills electronically from your personal checking account.
As a UCSD student, you can go to the Billing and Payment tool to make E-Check payments. You can also authorize a parent or other payer to make E-Check payments.
Only your personal checking account will work with E-Check.
Set up your E-Check profile
You can store your account information as a payment profile so you won't have to re-enter it each time you use E-Check. To create a payment profile:
- Locate your bank's ABA routing number and your checking account number at the bottom of your checks.
- Create your account profile while you're making a payment, or by using E-Check Payment Tools.
Pay your bill
With E-Check, you can choose to pay either of these amounts:
- Last statement amount, the amount shown on your last billing statement
- Current balance, an updated account balance that includes your last statement amount and any adjustments since the last billing date
Make payments for another amount, or for a specific charge, through the Cashier's Office.
- 50-cent service fee for each transaction, added to the payment amount deducted from your checking account
- $2 fee for transactions returned due to an invalid account number
- $35 returned check fee for transactions returned due to insufficient funds
E-Check uses the latest security technologies, including Secure Sockets Layer software, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and database level encryption technology. Information is stored on secure computers located in a biometrically locked data center.