Student Business Services (SBS) sets up your student account automatically when you enroll.
- SBS bills any charges due to UCSD to your student account. Such charges may include but are not limited to Bookstore charges, Housing charges, Library fees and Parking Office fees.
- Your billing notices arrive via e-mail through a system called E-Bill. In an effort to create a more sustainable campus, we do not issue paper bills.
- Your student account also shows credits to your account, such as financial aid and refunds.
- To request an overpayment refund, please contact Student Business Services at 858-822-4727.
- Please note, Financial Aid refunds may be subject to federal disbursement dates.
View your student account.
E-Check is the preferred way to pay your student account balance.
- E-Check payments come out of your personal checking account.
- You can either save your E-Check information as a profile, or re-enter the information each time you make a payment. Saving your banking information creates an E-Check account.
- E-Check accounts are not set up to receive Direct Deposit refunds.
- Find out how to:
Setting up a direct bank deposit account is strongly encouraged. It's the fastest, most secure, and environmentally friendly way to receive your financial aid and refunds.
Enroll in Direct Deposit.
Your Campus Card can also work as a debit card through Triton Cash. A Triton Cash account lets you purchase many items on campus and off campus.
Note: You can't use Triton Cash to pay charges on your student account.