When a refund is due on a student account, it is issued directly to the student, regardless of who made the payment. Please refer to Privacy of Your Financial Records.
Financial aid refunds
Financial aid credit is automatically refunded to you. Look for the automatic financial aid refund at the start of the quarter, after all fees are paid.
- If your financial aid arrives mid-quarter, the refund will be generated in 2-3 days.
- If a credit has been in your account for more than 5 days, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about the status.
- If your account has changed due to part-time status or withdrawal, your refund could be delayed. See Withdrawal Info for Financial Aid and Loan Recipients.
To inquire about a housing refund, please contact Housing Administrative Services at (858) 534-4010, or e-mail email@example.com.
Check or cash overpayment refunds
A credit balance on your account will be used to pay future charges, or you can request a refund by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refunds of check or cash overpayments must be requested by and issued to the student, regardless of who made the payment.
- Any overpayment is held in your account until there is no activity in the account for 12 months. An automatic refund will then be initiated.
- Refunds of less than $20 are not automatically refunded. Submit your refund request to Student Business Services by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Account credits of less than $20 remain in your student account for 12 months, and are then removed from the system.
How to request a refund
Contact Student Business Services (858) 822-4727, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include your full name and PID with your request.
- If you paid by personal check, the University's guideline is to wait 21 days before issuing a refund. This period is determined by the transaction date (not the date on the check), and does not apply to cash payments, money orders, or cashier's checks.
Receive your funds by direct deposit:
- Funds are deposited within 3 business days.
- Enroll in direct deposit at any time. It takes 10 business days to establish your enrollment.