UC San Diego SearchMenu

Triton ID Card Terms

Triton ID Card Terms

Terms and Conditions

As a University Cardholder, I understand that:

  • ID cards are valid only while a student is registered, a university employee or affiliate is employed or has official business with the university, or until the card is expired or revoked.
  • ID cards are the property of the UC San Diego and must be surrendered to the Campus Cards Office upon request and are not transferable.
  • I am responsible for the use of the Triton ID card. I understand that the ID card is not transferable; therefore I cannot lend, sell or give the card to others.
  • Unauthorized use or use by a party other than the original cardholder, as well as tampering or alteration of the ID card in any manner, may warrant confiscation of the ID card and will be referred for disciplinary action(s) under the Student Conduct Code
  • I will not request a replacement ID card if I already possess an ID card and have not lost or damaged it. 
  • I must carry the Triton ID card at all times when conducting university business or attending university functions/events for proper identification.
  • I must report a lost or stolen ID card to the Campus Card Office immediately via e-mail.
  • Only designated university staff members can update, deactivate, or produce campus cards. The production of fake ID cards is a violation of the policy and will be referred for disciplinary action (s).
  • My photo is stored in the ID card database and cannot be provided to me for any use. The university protects personal identification information as private data. This data will not be released outside the university, except in response to a subpoena or other legal processes, of which you will be informed (in advance, if possible). Photo images captured for the ID card become part of cardholder’s university record and therefore may be used for official university business only. 

Card Replacement Guidelines

  • There is no fee for the first student ID card.
  • A $15 fee will apply for replacement of a lost ID card. Stolen ID cards will be replaced for free with a copy of the police report.
  • ID cards that are damaged due to normal wear and tear will be replaced without charge. ID cards that meet one of the following conditions can be replaced at no charge:
    • Faded name
    • Faded photograph
    • Faded/damaged magnetic strip
  • ID Cards that meet one of the following conditions will require a $15 fee, which can be charged to the student's Student Account, or which can be paid for with cash at the Central Cashier's Office on the 1st floor of the Student Services Center, Suite 170, prior to receiving new ID card. 
    • Snaps
    • Breaks
    • Hole punched in card (once an ID card is altered in this fashion, it cannot be replaced for free, regardless of other damage found on the card)
  • Damaged/Invalid ID cards MUST BE surrendered to the Campus Card Office for proper disposal.
  • Students can recevie a new MTS bus sticker (U-Pass) at the Gilman Parking Office
  • Students who live on-campus must have new ID cards programed for dorm access by their college Res Life Office.