Residence for Tuition Purposes: Filing Dates and Deadlines
Change of classification filing period
The change of classification filing period is from:
- Fall 2013: August 1, 2013 - September 6, 2013
- Winter 2014: November 1, 2013 - December 6, 2013
- Spring 2014: February 3, 2014 - March 7, 2014
- Fall 2014: August 1, 2014 - September 5, 2014
Note: You may submit your packet as of the first filing date listed above and no later than the last date of the filing period.
Residence determination dates
The residence determination date is the day instruction begins at the last of the University of California campuses to open for the quarter. (For schools on the semester system, the day instruction begins for the semester.)
To be considered a resident of California, you must establish your physical presence at least 366 days prior to the dates below in addition to all other requirements listed on the website:
- Spring 2013: April 1, 2013
- Fall 2013: Sept. 26, 2013
- Winter 2014: Jan. 6, 2014
- Spring 2014: Mar. 31, 2014
- Fall 2014: Oct. 2, 2014
- Winter 2015: Jan. 5, 2015
- Spring 2015: March 30, 2015
Note: Your dated material should begin 366 days prior to the residence determination date.
Contact the residence deputy. No other University personnel are authorized to supply information relative to residence requirements for tuition.