UC San Diego SearchMenu

Receiving Your Loan: Entrance Loan Counseling

Learn how to complete the entrance loan counseling requirement so you can receive your loan.

Determine if you must complete entrance loan counseling.

  • You need to complete online entrance loan counseling if:
    • You have a student loan such as:
      Perkins Loan
      Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized
      University Loan
      Campus-based Loan
      Dream Loan
      Quon Loan
    • This is your first federal or university student loan.
  • Note: Entrance loan counseling must be completed or your loan funds will not move to your student account.

Complete any necessary paperwork.

  • If you're a first-time Perkins Loan and/or University Loan recipient:
    • Access the campus based promissory note/s on your Financial Aid Student Checklist. 
    • Please be aware of common mistakes made when competing these forms: 
      • Listing date of birth instead of listing date of completion
      • Leaving form incomplete
      • NO use of cross-out marks, whiteout, or pencil
    • Mail or deliver the forms to:
      Student Business Services (map)
      9500 Gilman Drive, Dept 0026
      La Jolla, CA 92093-0026

Complete the entrance loan counseling.