About Undergraduate Scholarships
Find out how scholarships can help cover your undergraduate education costs.
Facts about scholarships:
- Scholarships are gift aid, money you do not have to repay.
- Scholarships are awarded for either academic merit only, or merit and additional criteria such as major of interest, leadership, or financial need.
- If you receive scholarship(s), they may replace your other financial awards in the following order:
Scholarships that replace work-study reduce the number of hours you need to work, and those that replace loans reduce your future loan debt.
- Unmet need in your basic California Resident award package
- Perkins Loan/University Loan
- Need based Parent PLUS Loan or additional Direct Loan in your basic CA resident package
- Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan
Scholarship money does not reduce your expected family contribution (EFC). For details, see:
See the requirements and application process
for UCSD and non-UCSD scholarships:
Scholarships administered by UCSD for:
Scholarships not administered by UCSD:
Resources about scholarships: