The Middle Class Scholarship program provides a scholarship to undergraduate students with family incomes between $80,000 to $150,000 with assets of $150,000 or less who attend a University of California or California State University campus.
Middle Class Scholarships will be based on a sliding scale according to family income. Scholarship amounts may vary by student and institution. The scholarship amount is limited to no more than 40% of the amount of University of California’s system-wide tuition. See frequently asked questions about the Middle Class Scholarship.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or, if you are unable to submit a FAFSA and are AB540 eligible, complete a California Dream Act application by March 2 to be considered.
- Submit a GPA verification to the California Student Aid Commission
- You must:
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have AB 540 status
- Be a California resident
- Not be in default on a student loan
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Meet income and other financial aid standards