UC San Diego SearchMenu

Scholarships for Enrolled Transfer Students

Learn about scholarships that are administered by UC San Diego for currently enrolled transfer students.

Apply online for these and other scholarships for continuing students:

  1. Look for the online Continuing Student Scholarship Application every December, using the Financial Aid tool.
  2. See the Continuing Undergraduate Scholarship Guidelines (PDF) for details.
  3. File your online application by the deadline (February each year).
  4. Correct or update your online application any time up to the deadline.
  5. File your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by March 2 to demonstrate financial need.
  6. UC San Diego will notify scholarship recipients by June 1, via UC San Diego e-mail.

Michael Miller Engineering Scholarship for Transfer Students

  • Awarded to transfer students:
    • Who are engineering majors
    • Have a 3.0+ GPA
    • Have demonstrated financial need
  • In your resume and/or essay, provide information about your interest in engineering
  • A 1-year undergraduate award of up to $2,500

Vickerman/Munoz Family Scholarship for Transfer Students

  • This Alumni Leadership Scholarship is awarded to full-time undergraduate transfer students with:
    • Demonstrated financial need
    • College-level academic, campus, or community service/ leadership experience
    • 3.0+ GPA
  • In your resume and/or essay, provide information about your community service
  • A 2-year undergraduate award for up to $2,000 annually

Robert and Pat Whalen Military Transfer Scholarship

  • Awarded to transfer students who:
    • Have served in the U.S. Armed Forces as enlisted or non-commissioned officers
    • Have demonstrated financial need
    • Are majoring in Engineering
  • Preference given to those who have transferred to UC San Diego through UniversityLink.
  • In your resume and/or essay:
    • Provide information about your military service
    • Provide a confirmation statement on your status as an enlisted or non-commissioned officer
    • File a FAFSA to verify financial need
    • If applicable, indicate if you were a TAG or UniversityLink participant
  • A 1-year undergraduate award; the amount varies

Please note: