Students who participate in an OASIS Transition Program (the Summer Bridge Program and the TRiO Student Support Services Program) also participate in a number of first-year tutoring and mentoring services offered by OASIS, including the OLCs.
About OLC seminars
OLCs are one-hour, non-credit bearing seminars that are highly interactive and collaborative. An OASIS professional staff member, undergraduate student mentors, and staff from the six colleges facilitate the seminars.
Most OLC seminars enroll students according to their UCSD college, and are generally located at your college. In addition, each quarter the colleges’ academic advisors visit OLC seminars to assist students with their course enrollment for the following quarter.
Transfer students participate in the Transfer OLC, and learn more about the resources and services specific to them.
OLC seminars help link your coursework, academic support, and socio-cultural transition to UC San Diego in a manner that maximizes your learning experiences.
- A consistent, small group of peers that serves as a support network for academic success and socio-cultural satisfaction
- A space to discuss transitional issues and concerns throughout the year and establish study groups
- Help acquiring the necessary tools to excel at UC San Diego
- 1-hour per week meetings throughout the year
- Staff and student mentors
- Exposure to campus resources, such as
- Career services
- Campus community centers
- Academic advising for six colleges
- Financial aid
- Off-campus housing
- On-campus housing
- Academic internships
- Study abroad
- Student health services