If this is an emergency, please call 911 immediately.
For UC San Diego students, staff and faculty
- If this is not an emergency and you are seeking resources or crisis counseling, contact CARE at the Sexual Assault Resource Center at (858) 534-5793 during business hours Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.
- CARE offers free and confidential* support services for all UC San Diego students, staff, and faculty impacted by sexual assault, relationship violence, and stalking.
- To reach CARE during non-business hours and on weekends, please call 858-534-HELP and as for a CARE staff. This is the non-emergency UC San Diego Police Department dispatch number.
*All communications with users of CARE services are privileged and confidential under California Evidence Code Sections 1010-1027, 1035.2 and 1037.2. Accordingly, employees in the CARE Office are not mandatory reporters under Title IX or the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act.
Additional On-campus resources
- For UC San Diego students (undergrad, grad or professional)
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS): 858-534-3755. CAPS provides confidential counseling such as individual, group, couples and family psychotherapy for registered UCSD undergraduate and graduate students.
- Student Legal Services: 858-534-4374. Student Legal Services offers free and confidential counseling on legal topics for individuals and/or groups as well as referrals to a private attorney.
- For UC San Diego staff or faculty
- Faculty & Staff Assistance Program (FSAP): (858) 534-5523. FSAP is a campus resource that provides one-on-one information, support and counseling. They can also refer you to community resources outside the university.
- For San Diego resources
- Center for Community Solutions (CCS): 888-385-4657 (DVLINKS). This 24-hour, toll-free hotline connects San Diego County victims and survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault to community resources such as counseling, temporary housing, legal assistance, etc.
- San Diego stalking hotline: (619) 515-8900. This hotline, hosted by the San Diego Stalking Strike Force, provides information and support to victims of stalking.
- For California residents
- Locate a California Rape Crisis Center in your county.
- National 24-hour hotlines:
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY). Assistance is available in both English and Spanish; hotline advocates have access to more than 170 languages through translator services.
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673). Sexual Assault Online Hotline offers live help on the RAINN website, where you can ask any questions or express any concerns in a private instant-messaging session with a trained volunteer.