UC San Diego is dedicated to learning, teaching, and serving society through education, research, and public service. To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UCSD strives to maintain a climate of fairness, cooperation, and professionalism.
Supporting the university’s mission and distinctive college system, the Office of Student Conduct provides leadership for the student conduct process through its central coordinating, training, and advising role. We adhere to UCSD’s Principles of Community and work to administer a thorough, transparent, and fair student conduct process that encourages participation by the campus community while holding students accountable for their actions.
These principles are enhanced by partnering with the undergraduate colleges, the graduate and professionals schools, students, and the greater university community to promote learning opportunities for students found responsible for Student Conduct Code violations that help them become responsible and community-minded individuals.
- Provide central leadership for UCSD’s campuswide non-academic student conduct process in conjunction with the undergraduate colleges, graduate and professional schools, and greater university community.
- Collaborate with the undergraduate colleges, graduate and professional schools, and greater university community with regard to student disciplinary and welfare matters.
- Facilitate ongoing comprehensive student conduct-related training for staff, students, and faculty.
- Oversee the administration of a thorough, transparent, and fair student conduct process that encourages the participation of the campus community in the resolution of allegations of student and student organization misconduct.
- Educate the campus community about student rights and responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive statistical and narrative data regarding all aspects of the student conduct process and engage in regular assessment of student conduct processes.
- Maintain a comprehensive central database of confidential non-academic student disciplinary records.