Center for Student Involvement: Student Organizations, Leadership and Service Awards
Learn about the awards presented by the Center for Student Involvement (CSI) to student organizations, individuals, and Community Advisors at its Annual Awards Ceremony.
Download the information and nomination form packet for all awards (Word).
For individual award nomination forms, see each category below.
This award is given to the CSI registered student organization that displays outstanding effort in all areas, in relation to its purpose, based on the following criteria:
- Leadership of the organization in reaching its goals
- Contributions to the University and /or outside community
- Development of its members
Advanced Professional Degree Consulting Group (APD Consulting)
This award is given to teams of 2 or more CSI-registered student organizations, or 8 or more UCSD-registered students, for the most outstanding, jointly-sponsored program.
Note: Additional participants may be UCSD college/department organizations, students or community members.
"All You Need Is Love"
Team: Student Health Advocates & Counseling and Psychological Services Peer Educator Program
This award has been made possible by the financial support of the Office of the Alumni Affairs. It is given to a registered student organization that has:
- Created a significant impact on the UC San Diego community through alumni engagement
- Created programs, events, activities, or other opportunities for alumni to engage in unique and meaningful ways with the campus, and demonstrated a commitment to alumni engagement in the undergraduate and graduate experience
- Created highly significant events and activities that emphasize opportunities for alumni to return to campus and interact with students
Association of Student Pharmacists
This award is open to students who have successfully completed at least one CSI-Communication and Leadership program (1 quarterly seminar or year-long program) during the 2013-14 academic year. Self-nominations or peer nominations will be accepted.
- Current UC San Diego undergraduate with freshman, sophomore, or junior standing (fewer than 135 units completed) OR first-year graduate student
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA (3.0 for graduate students)
- Earned or pending certificate of completion for any CSI-Communication and Leadership program (quarterly seminar or year-long program) during the current academic year.
- Demonstrated improvement of communication and leadership skills, knowledge, and awareness as a result of participating in CSI-Communication and Leadership program(s)
- Demonstrated personal and professional growth as an emerging leader at UC San Diego
- Articulated vision for continued leadership development and involvement at UC San Diego
This award is open to students who have successfully completed (or are in progress to complete) one year-long program OR 3 quarterly seminars with CSI-Communication and Leadership. Candidate must have been an active participant during at least one quarter of the current academic year. Self-nominations or peer nominations will be accepted.
- Current UC San Diego undergraduate or graduate student
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (3.5 for graduate students)
- Completed or in progress to complete: 1 year-long program OR 3 quarterly seminars with CSI-Communication and Leadership
- Must have one quarter of participation with CSI-Communication and Leadership during the current academic year
- Sustained commitment to communication and leadership development through progressive participation in CSI-Communication and Leadership program(s)
- Demonstrated advanced use and application of communication and leadership skills, knowledge, and awareness
- Proven track record of personal and professional growth as an established student leader at UC San Diego
- Articulated vision for future leadership at UC San Diego, in the community, and beyond
This award is made available through a generous contribution by former UCSD students Chapin Cole and Melissa Higgins to recognize emerging leaders who have made significant strides in their personal development as a result of their Alternative Breaks experience, and to assist them in continuing their leadership development. Members of Alternative Breaks @ UCSD shall nominate new members who demonstrate strong initiative and leadership traits. Members may nominate themselves or their peers.
The ideal recipient:
- Has been involved in Alternative Breaks initiatives for one year or less
- Has shown significant commitment and has demonstrated strong leadership skills in their first year of participation
- Might not have prior leadership experience
- Has grown significantly into an active citizen through their participation in the Alternative Breaks program
- Has expressed a commitment to, or has an interest in, lifelong service
For this award students may self-nominate or be nominated by someone else. For self-nominations, endorsement must be obtained by someone other than the nominee, who is familiar with the content of the nomination.
- Individual creates a sense of community through promoting cross-collaborations on and off campus within their organization(s)
- Individual shows commitment to diversity and inclusion through leading and coordinating service projects that are (1) open to all students and the UCSD community, and (2) all students feel welcome and a sense of belonging
- Individual is committed to developing his/her peers and other student leaders
This award is given to a CSI registered student organization of UCSD, based on the following criteria:
- The organization creates a sense of community through cross-collaborations on and off campus
- The organization is committed to diversity and inclusion:
- Service projects are marketed and open to all students and the UC San Diego community
- Participants feel welcome, appreciated, and a sense of belonging
- Events are meaningful and impact both participants and the community:
- The organization has clear learning goals and provides participants with the opportunity to achieve these goals through education, training and reflection
Alternative Breaks @ UCSD
This award recognizes outstanding service and contributions to student organizations.
- Must be the official Faculty/Staff/Community Advisor of a UCSD registered student organization, as noted on the online Student Organization Registration website between May, 2014 and April 30, 2015 (NOTE: CSI Advisors are not eligible)
- Must be acting as a volunteer, and not within the scope of a paid position or receiving monetary compensation
Dr. Irvin Silverstein, Pre-Dental Society/Free Dental Clinic at UCSD