From major concerts to alternative spring break trips abroad, Student Life makes your university experience enjoyable and enriches your education beyond the classroom.
The purpose of Student Life is to:
- Foster the development of students beyond the classroom,
- Build community on campus,
- Encourage involvement in student life,
- Meet the daily needs of students through the provision of services and facilities,
- Advocate the needs of students to campus leaders,
- Foster student pride and affiliation with UCSD, and
- Assist the university in its efforts to recruit and retain students.
Student Life offices and units
- Associated Students Administration — Advises and supports the AS, the undergraduate student government whose services include Soft Reserves and Lecture Notes.
- Student Legal Services — Provides free confidential counseling on legal topics to UCSD students and student organizations. Whether it's dealing with a landlord dispute or a traffic citation, Student Legal Services can help you.
- Student Life Business Office — Supports student organizations, AS, and the Graduate Student Association (GSA) with financial expenditures related to their events and activities.
- Center for Student Involvement — Helps students form and operate more than 500 student organizations on campus and assists students with involvement in community service projects. The Center also oversees the Student Org One Stop desk in Price Center West, and offers quarterly workshops and programs to help students develop communication and leadership skills.
- University Centers — Includes the Price Center and Student Center, which offer restaurants, retail services, student lounges, The Loft, and meeting and event space for student organizations.
- University Events Office — Supports large on campus events, supports student organization event planning, and Associated Students Concerts & Events.
- ArtPower! — Brings nationally and internationally recognized performing artists to campus.