If you're looking for a quick culture fix ...
- Attend a UCSD concert or event.
- Participate in one of the madcap events at the Arts Libraries.
- Check out the Visual Arts' Department's visiting artist lecture series.
- Tour the Stuart Collection.
- Catch a local band at Porter's Pub.
- Take in an ArtPower performance.
- Attend a concert or other event at University Centers.
- Get a discount on admission to a local amusement park or local movie theater.
- See a flick at the University Center.
- Soak up some art at the University Art Gallery.
- Catch a theatrical performance at the La Jolla Playhouse.
If it's eye candy you're in the mood for ...
- Take in the amazing view and stunning architecture at the Salk Institute.
- View colorful marine life at the Birch Aquarium.
- Make a virtual visit to Birch Aquarium with the Kelp Cam.
- Watch televised sports in style at Round Table Pizza.
- Cheer on your Tritons at a live sporting event.
To spice up your dining routine ...
- Enjoy lunch with international students at the International Café.
- Soak in the sunshine as you take your lunch or snacks outside.
- Savor an alfresco lunch at the Birch Aquarium's outdoor Splash Cafe.
If you want to make Triton history ...
- Mark your calendar for all of your college's annual traditions (and go with friends to theirs!)
- Join the fun at one or all of these annual University traditions; there's a major event every quarter. Look for these and other activities throughout the year:
- Bear Garden (Friday afternoons, 4-5 times per year)
- Family Weekend (fall)
- Founders Day and Hullabaloo (fall)
- Good Life Festival (spring)
- Junkyard Derby (spring)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Parade and Day of Service (winter)
- Siblings Day (winter)
- Sun God Festival (spring)
- Triton Fest (fall)
- Triton 5K (summer)
- Welcome Week and Convocation (fall; for new incoming students/ transfers)
When you're up for a little shopping ...
- Browse the selection of books, supplies and gifts at the UCSD Bookstore.
- Shop for hidden treasures at the Friends of the International House's Resale Shop.
- Shop for thought-provoking books, bumper stickers, and more at Groundwork Books Collective.
- Peruse the Farmer's Market on Tuesdays during the school year for goodies like fresh fruit, tamales, and kettle corn.
When you need a fitness fix ...
- Move to the beats in Zumba, tighten up in Cross Fit, or bliss out in yoga with Fit Life.
- Play games by joining an intramural sports league; choices include softball, tennis and bowling.
- Splash around at the Mission Bay Aquatic Center.
- Sign up for a backpacking trip, day hike or kayak adventure through Outback Adventures.
- Work up a sweat while you explore one of several campus walking and running routes.
- Rent a surfboard or bodyboard and catch some waves (rent tents and sleeping bags, too!).
If you want to make new friends...
- Join one of UCSD's many clubs.
- Play ping pong or foosball in the Price Center's game room.
- Enjoy conversational practice in another language with UCSD's Language Exchange.
- Make the world a better place: volunteer for a community service group.
- Apply for an Associated Students position.
To learn a little something new ...
- See who's booked next in the free Helen Edison Lecture Series.
- Listen to authors read from their works at a Literature Department event.
- Find a hidden hang-out spot on a campus tour.
- Enroll in a course through UCSD Extension.
- Check out a copy of the latest UCSD Guardian.
- Explore an interesting topic in one of UCSD's seminars.