Welcome! We are excited that you are interested in Greek Life at UC San Diego.
There are around 45 social Greek organizations on campus. The fraternity and sorority community at UC San Diego stands for academic excellence, service, responsible leadership and true friendship.
With 24 fraternities and 19 sororities, including 18 culturally-based Greek letter organizations, Greek Life provides a unique opportunity for students to be part of a more than 200-year-old tradition.
Greek organizations exist to:
- Further the institutional mission of UC San Diego and connect students to the campus.
- Encourage the intellectual, personal and, in some cases, spiritual development of their members.
- Create a culture of high academic expectation and achievement.
- Promote high standards of behavior, consistent with their ritual and founding values.
- Promote brotherhood/sisterhood and true friendship among individual and organizational membership.
- Establish a culture of leadership and service through campus and community involvement.
How to Join
All social Greek organizations at UC San Diego are affiliated with one of three applicable governing councils:Interfraternity, Multicultural, and Panhellenic. In accordance with historical purposes and perspectives, these councils serve as foundations and forums for collaboration, while working to promote the defining features of this community.