Review UCSD's posting policies. Registered student organizations can make up to two 6-foot banners/ posters per organization per event for tabling or hanging at the Price Center.
- Make your own banner or poster. The Center for Student Involvement office has markers and butcher paper available 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Hang posters and fliers early Monday morning to get the best spot.
- Order a parking structure banner.
- Call the Sign Shop at (858) 534-1408 to order a banner
Write a feature article for a Center for Student Involvement online or paper publication. E-mail for information.
- "Get Involved!" summer magazine goes to all incoming first year and transfer students. Student organizations can advertise for a reduced rate.
- E-mail the Center for Student Involvement with your success stories and photos, and we might publicize them on campus and beyond.
Expand your reach by asking a relevant academic department, student organization, and/or other department to co-sponsor your event.
Required statement for events with event sponsors
The following statement is required to be verbally stated at an event and included on any advertisement (i.e. flyers, websites, or public communication) when an event is sponsored by on- or off-campus entities:
"The views expressed at these events do not necessarily reflect the views of the sponsors or of the University of California, San Diego. As a public institution of higher education, UCSD supports and protects the free expression of a variety of ideas and perspectives, which is vital to a learning community."
Note: All messages are reviewed for appropriate content.
Ask faculty members to announce your event during classes that might be relevant to your event.
Get exposure with a table on Library Walk during Welcome Week and Week 1, held every fall quarter.
Contact The Guardian to find out how to get included in:
Note: The Guardian is published every Monday and Thursday.
Promote your event with a table in Price Center Plaza or Library Walk. For information, call Price Center Reservations, (858) 534-7666.
Contact the colleges for the names of resident advisors who can help you publicize your event to their residents.
Promote your program or event in a weekly newsletter to all students by visiting Student Events Insider. Click on Submit Announcement.