- All dance organizations must be medium to low-medium risk activities
- All dance organizations in this category must have a social, educational or cultural emphasis
- All dance organizations in this category are required to provide information during registration process in order to receive RSO Dance Organizations Insurance
- All members must carry a valid UCSD student ID or be a current Rec Card Member (dance participants are required to have their ID with them at dance organization events and activities)
- All dance organizations must utilize an approved campus venue when holding weekly practices. Such venues include Sports Facilities and University Centers Facilities
- All organizations in this category must complete dance insurance information to be provided to the University of California Office of the President (UCOP). All dance organizations that register under this category will be included in the UC Rec Sports Clubs blanket insurance coverage.
- What this means, is that your dance organizations will be granted insurance coverage through an insurance plan currently in place for recreation organizations. In other words, your organization will no longer need to apply for insurance for your practices, instead it would automatically be granted to you.
Every member, participant, or persons auditioning for a dance organization must complete and sign RSO waivers.
- The original waivers/registration forms collected by the principal members must be turned into the CSI Advisor
- One waiver per member each year (September to September) and updated as needed
- Each dance organization must keep a roster breakdown on file with the CSI Advisor
Facility/Activity Room Reservations:
- All dance organizations MUST utilize an approved UCSD Facility
Sports Facilities/Activity Room Reservations:
- Block time is the weekly use of the same room at the same day and time of the week for the duration of a quarter, Week 1 through Week 10
- All dance orgs that request Block Time are not guaranteed Block Time
- Block Time requests will be facilitated through the Sports Facilitates Scheduling Coordinator, Cassey Marsh at email@example.com
- Dance orgs will be eligible to request block time from the Sports Facilities Scheduling Coordinator once they are a registered student organization with the Center for Student Involvement for the 2015-2016 academic year
- Dance orgs are allowed a maximum of 6 hrs of dance practice time per week in Sports Facility spaces
- Additional spaces/times can be requested by a principal member through the Sports Facilities office on a week to week basis using the Sports Facilities Request Form
- All additional spaces (non-Sports Facilities) can be made by a principal member directly to the facility
- Weekly practices scheduled (including Block Time space) will be subject to change every quarter depending upon the Sports Facilities schedule adjustment
- Paid instruction or coaching may not take place
- Dance organizations are not allowed to advertise “free classes” or 'free workshops" events
Due to unique safety issues, liability and quality control, clubs, organizations, groups or individuals interested in either learning or practicing combative-based, weapons-based or martial arts activities on campus using UCSD sports facilities must do so through the UCSD Recreation Class Program.