Recreation and Activities for Student Families
Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to use all UCSD sports facilities including RIMAC, the Main Gym, and the Canyonview Aquatic Complex. Just present your campus card (or UCSD Recreation Card during summer only).
- Children age 9-and-under may enter with an adult card holder free of charge charge. Children and dependents age 10 and older may apply for a Recreation Card to use campus facilities.
- Check out the wide range of recreation classes offered for students — as well as many targeted for children, like the Knockaround summer day camp.
Family Swim Program
Funded in cooperation with UCSD Recreation and the UCSD Graduate Student Association Family Friendly Fund, the UCSD Family Swim Program promotes whole family health, recreation and wellbeing and by providing access to UCSD aquatic facilities for UCSD student-parents and thier families.
Indoor family swim program: UCSD Natatorium
Indoor family swim begins Saturday, Oct. 15th, from 3-4:30 p.m. at the UCSD Natatorium. The family locker room is available and the male and female locker rooms are open. Staff and Faculty welcome, please sign in!
- Attend indoor family swim to demonstrate your interest as this program is currently running on a pilot basis to evaluate demand for an indoor family swim program.
- UCSD student-parents, their families and guests may attend free of charge, as long as they are accompanied by children under age 18.
- Spouses and caregivers affiliated with UCSD students may attend family swim during these hours if they bring the student's children with them; the student-parent does not need to be present.
- Parking is available free of charge.
- Note: During Natatorium adult lap swim hours children under age 16 are not permitted to use the Natatorium. The family swim program gives student-parents and their children an opportunity to enjoy the indoor pool.
To be admitted for free, adults must be accompanied by children under age 18.
Outdoor family swim at Canyonview Pool
- UCSD student-parents and their families may bring children to Canyonview outdoor pool for open swim time on Saturdays, 11 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Spouses and caregivers affiliated with UCSD students may attend family swim during these hours if they bring the student's children with them; the student does not need to be present.
- UCSD student-parents who are not registered for summer session are welcome to attend alongside their children, as long as they are registered for the fall quarter following summer session or were registered for the spring quarter immediately preceding the summer session.
- Students, caregivers and guests: be sure to sign in and include number of children you bring; all adults should bring any official photo ID.
- Parking is available free of charge.
- Note: Registered student-parents may bring their own children under age 10 to Canyonview pool during all open hours at no additional cost. Family swim is an additional program that allows student-parents to bring their whole family to enjoy the pool. The family swim program also allows UCSD student-parents who are not officially registered during the summer sessions to enjoy the pool and cool down!
To be admitted for free, adults must be accompanies by children under age 18.
- UCSD Recreation has many programs to offer to youth of all ages. Check the UCSD Recreation website for complete details. Also, you may wish to stay updated on enrollment dates, as these classes fill up very quickly.
- A limited number of full and partial scholarships for Knock around Summer Camps are available for the children of student-parents
- Contact email@example.com for more information.
- The Birch Aquarium is a great destination for families and children of all ages. Scholarships for the yearly summer camps may be available through birch aquarium public programs.
Recreation and Activities for Families
- UCSD youth recreation programs
- Knock-Around summer camp
- Birch Aquarium summer camp and fun activities for families