Schedule of Refunds
If you withdraw from UCSD, you may be eligible for a partial or full refund of prepaid fees, depending on the:
- Effective date of your departure (to be indicated by your college)
- Absence of other University debts
- Schedule of refunds
The schedule of refunds below:
- Pertains only to Fall, Winter and Spring quarters. For information about Summer Session refunds, link to the Summer Session Calendar.
- Refers to calendar days, beginning with the first day of instruction (Day 1).
- Recognizes the "date of withdrawal" as the day you file your withdrawal form. If you claim an earlier date of withdrawal, and therefore a higher refund, you must submit written evidence to your college or the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Applies to all quarterly registration fees.
- Does not apply to health insurance. In certain cases, SHIP may not be refunded.
|Schedule of Refunds
|Number of days into quarter
||36 days and over
|Percent of refund
If you are a first-year, first-time undergraduate student receiving Title IV financial aid and you withdraw by the end of Week 6 of your first quarter at UCSD, the schedule above does not apply to you. You will receive a prorated refund.
Questions? Contact the appropriate resource: