News and Events
Reapply for Financial Aid for 2013-14
May 21st was the deadline to provide additional required documents or complete any required actions. If documents/actions are provided after the deadline, then you would only be considered for Federal Direct and private alternative loans, Federal Pell Grant and Renewal Cal Grants awards.
Access your Financial Aid Checklist for 2013-14 to check for required documents and/or actions.
The priority deadline to file a FASFA or California Dream Act Application was March 2nd.
Students who are U.S. Citizens or permanent residents can complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov and list UC San Diego’s Federal School Code: 001317.
Students who are AB540 eligible and who are not eligible to submit a FAFSA, can submit the California Dream Act Application at www.CalDreamAct.org and use UCSD School Code: 001317.
- To help you complete your FASFA on the web, a worksheet is available.
- If you have not yet completed your 2012 tax return, estimate the amounts and then update your estimates once your tax returns are filed.
- FAFSA filers can update the income tax figures using the IRS Data Retrieval tool via FAFSA on the web once your tax returns are filed.
- California Dream Act Application can update your estimates at www.CalDreamAct.org after filing your tax returns
- If your parents are required to sign the FAFSA, they may also request a PIN at www.pin.ed.gov in lieu of submitting a FAFSA signature page.
- If you do not receive a Student Aid Report email or notice from the Department of Education processor within 7 days after you have filed your FAFSA, follow up with the processor on the receipt of your application. The processor can be reached at 1-800-4FED AID (1-800-433-3243).
Financial Aid Office
Phone: (858) 534-4480
Fax: (858) 534-5459
Student Services Center, 3rd floor north
(map and directions)
9500 Gilman Drive
Mail Code 0013
La Jolla, CA 92093-0013
Veterans benefits contacts
Mon., Wed., Fri.:
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.