Last Updated: May 18, 2016 5:12:55 PM PDT
All Campus Commencement: Saturday, June 11, 10 a.m. at RIMAC Field
UC San Diego is reviving a time-honored tradition to celebrate and unify all graduates together. For the first time in 16 years, a campuswide commencement featuring an internationally-renowned speaker will be held in tandem with the separate undergraduate and graduate school ceremonies.
At the 90-minute All Campus Commencement, Chancellor Pradeep K. Khosla will officially confer degrees by academic division upon graduates of the six undergraduate colleges, Graduate Division and professional schools.
Muhammad Yunus, Nobel Peace Prize recipient and founder of the global microfinance movement, is known worldwide for pioneering the concept of microcredit, and for establishing the Grameen Bank to help impoverished people start their own businesses.
Alberto “Beto” Vasquez, a graduate student studying biology, and Karina Mohajerani, a psychology major, have been selected to address the Class of 2016 as the All Campus Commencement student speakers. Learn more about Alberto and Karina.
Graduates will receive their tickets to the All Campus Commencement and undergraduate or graduate ceremonies when they pick up their cap and gown at the UC San Diego Bookstore. Visit Grad Central to get started.
Please join us for both commencement and the graduation ceremonies, listed below, to fully experience the pomp and circumstance, and joy and pride, that marks one of the most memorable times in a student’s life. We can't wait to celebrate with you!
The six undergraduate colleges will host personalized graduation ceremonies for their students, where graduates will be recognized by name as they walk across the stage.
All undergraduate ceremonies are held at RIMAC Field. For ticket information and event details, visit the links below or contact your college.
- Saturday, June 11
- Sunday, June 12
Tune into this page for live streams of the ceremonies on June 11 and 12.
The Graduate Division and professional schools will host personalized graduation ceremonies for their students, where graduates will be recognized by name as they walk across the stage.
For ticket information and event details, visit the links below or contact your school.
- Graduate Division ceremonies — Saturday, June 11, 1:30 p.m., inside RIMAC Arena
- Rady School of Management's MBA commencement ceremony — Sunday, June 12, 9 a.m., inside RIMAC Arena
- School of Global Policy and Strategy (GPS) — Sunday, June 12, 12:30 p.m., inside RIMAC Arena
- School of Medicine — Sunday, June 5, 10 a.m., Commencement Lawn of the Medical Education and Telemedicine Building
- Skaggs School of Pharmacy — Saturday, May 14, 10 a.m., Price Center Ballroom
- Scripps Day and Scripps Institution of Oceanography commencement will be held on Friday, June 10
In its ninth year, the Outstanding Senior Award and Outstanding Graduate Student Award are presented to a graduating undergraduate student and graduating graduate or professional student who have earned recognition in the UC San Diego community for their outstanding academic and leadership performance and for enhancing the student experience at UC San Diego.
While strong academic performance is important, the primary purpose of the award is to recognize students for their service to the university and contributions to student life as a student leader. Students are eligible to be nominated for both awards.
Students, faculty, staff, and alumni may nominate up to 3 students for each award: Nomination Instructions & Application Form (PDF)
Award nomination deadline:
Friday, May 6, 2016 by 4:30 p.m.
- Graduation Central: Order caps, gowns, rings, Triton Grad Packs, announcements, gifts, and much more from the UCSD Bookstore. Learn how to wear that cap and gown, too!
- Senior Class Gift: Your contribution leaves a legacy of pride, scholarship, and philanthropy here at UC San Diego.
- About Degrees and Diplomas
Stay tuned: Additional events and details will be added through spring quarter.
Undergrads, be sure to check your college's newsletter and commencement page to find events for your graduating class.
Revisit this page through spring quarter for additional events and details.