How to Wait-List a Class
If you wish to enroll in a class that is full, you can put yourself on a wait list. Learn how below.
Facts about wait-listed classes:
- Although, the two pass enrollment does not apply to graduate students, wail listing is not available to students until undergraduates complete their first enrollment pass.
- Classes can be wait-listed until 4:30 p.m. on Thursday of the second full week of classes. See deadlines for the academic year.
- If you don't meet class requirements when you attempt to move from the wait list into the class, you will not be added to the class.
- The last run of the auto wait-list program is Thursday of the second full week of classes at 10 p.m.
If the class or section you want is full:
- WebReg will offer you the option of enrolling in another open section of that class, or wait-listing the section.
- You can only wait-list for one section of a course.
- You can't be simultaneously enrolled and wait-listed in different sections of a course.
- Use WebReg if you are pre-authorized to enroll in a full class.
Note: Classes you have wait-listed will display in WebReg.
If you change your mind and want to add or wait-list a different section of a class for which you are already enrolled:
- Check the Schedule of Classes to make sure there are seats available.
- Drop the section in which you are already enrolled or wait-listed.
- After completing the drop, add or wait-list a different section.
Note: If you want to know your place on the wait list, check your Class List.
If you want to find out if you were placed into a section from the wait list:
- If you are enrolled in a wait-listed class, it will be included on your Class List and you will be notified by e-mail.
- If the class appears on your Class List, go to WebReg and confirm your grading option.
If you have questions, contact the appropriate resource: