Facts about grants:
- Grants are gift aid, money you don't have to repay.
- Grant awards are based on financial need.
- You may be eligible for 3 types of grants:
- University (UC)
- You need to meet eligibility requirements. (See requirements for undergraduates or graduate students.)
To apply for grants:
- File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or California Dream Act Application if AB540 eligible and cannot submit a FAFSA, each year by March 2 to be considered for the best types grant awards. You may still apply after March 2 for the renewal Cal Grant, and Pell Grant.
- Submit any additional documents requested by the Financial Aid Office before the May 1 deadline.
- Follow any additional instructions for specific grant types:
See additional types of financial aid.