Access the Financial Aid Checklist for additional documents or required actions needed for completing your 2017-18 application for financial aid. Documents must be submitted by the May 1st deadline to qualify for the best financial aid awards. Funding is limited and based on availability.
- Additional documents/actions may include verification worksheets, Federal tax return transcripts, and resolving FAFSA/Cal Dream Act Application processing holds indicated on your FAFSA Student Aid Report or Cal Dream Student Aid Report.
- To be considered for the best financial aid package, you must have filed your FAFSA or California Dream application by March 2 AND submit all missing documents and/or clear all processing holds by the May 1st deadline. Applications completed after the deadline WILL NOT be considered for University grants, Work-Study, University or Perkins Loans.
Spring Quarter 2017 Financial Aid Disbursements will credit to UCSD student accounts beginning:
(Non Direct Loan awards) Thursday, February 23rd
(Direct Loans) Saturday, March 25th
Registration fee payment deadline Friday, March 24th
Spring Quarter remainder funds for direct deposit will be available beginning Monday, April 3rd.
To make sure your financial aid is available in time to pay your fees:
- Regularly check your Financial Aid Checklist to view and/or complete requested items or actions.
- Frequently review your UCSD e-mail account for messages from the Financial Aid Office.
- If you have loans, make sure you complete all the required paperwork and the TritonLink loan counseling session. Questions about Perkins Loan or University Loan required paperwork can be directed to Student Business Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See additional disbursement requirements and make sure you've complied with them.
- Your account will be credited once you're enrolled in Spring classes. (Wait-listed classes do NOT count as enrolled units.)
- Review your Spring Quarter billing statement beginning March 2 to make sure financial aid has been applied to his/her UCSD account. Please note that Direct Loan funds will not credit to student accounts until March 25 due to Federal regulations. However, pending Direct Loan payments will be calculated into the current online balance on TritonLink.
Billing statement tip: Access the "Current Account Activity" view on your TritonLink bill for up-to-date account activity.
- Sign up for direct deposit by Monday, March 6 for your Winter remainder funds to credit your bank account at the beginning of Spring Quarter, starting April 3rd.
Read about the Middle Class Scholarship (MCS) program for the 2015-16 academic year.
Learn about the new Triton Food Pantry located at the Original Student Center adjacent to AS Soft Reserves.