UC San Diego SearchMenu

How to Use Military Tuition Assistance

Learn how active military personnel can pay their bill using their military education benefits.

These programs may affect your award package. Please contact the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office prior to submitting your authorization if you are concerned about any award changes.

1. Request authorization from your military office.

    1. Contact one of the following military offices and ask for an authorization form or letter to be sent to Student Business Services at UCSD.
    2. Have the letter mailed or faxed to:

      University of California, San Diego
      Student Business Services
      9500 Gilman Drive, Mail Code 0025
      La Jolla, CA 92093-0025
      Fax: (858) 822-2713

    3. Request the authorization as soon as possible before the quarter begins, so the payment can be posted on time to your student account (see Billing Due Dates).

2. Verify UCSD's receipt of the authorization.

    1. Contact Student Business Services, (858) 822-4727.
    2. After receiving the authorization, Student Business Services credits your student account with the funds.

3. Check your student account to verify payment.

    1. View your bill online.
    2. UCSD invoices the military office for payment each authorized quarter.

4. Monitor your status.

    1. If your status changes or you are no longer eligible for tuition assistance, you may be billed for your fees directly.