UCSD sponsors 23 intercollegiate men's and women's sports at the NCAA Division II level. The Tritons compete primarily in California Collegiate Athletic Association, widely regarded as the premiere conference for D-II athletics.
UC San Diego has won a total of 29 national championships, 67 regional titles, and more than 75 conference championships.
- Visit Athletics for information about teams, schedules, ticket info, merchandise, and much more.
Opportunities abound for every student’s interest and ability level. See UC San Diego Recreation for details on:
- Aquatics — Lap swimming, swim classes, indoor and outdoor pools
- Intramural Sports — Over 30 different team sports, quarterly tournaments
- Masters Programs — Swimming, running, or triathlon workouts
- Mission Bay Aquatic Center — Sailing, windsurfing, rowing classes, plus other ocean sports at Mission Bay
- Nutrition workshops, demos & counseling — Designed by the FitLife Registered Dietitian; pick from basic nutrition workshop themes or customize your presentation to meet the interests and needs of your group
- Outback Adventures — Day, weekend, or week-long outings to diverse locations; Wilderness Orientation program for incoming freshmen; challenge course for team-building groups; outdoor equipment rental; indoor climbing center
- Rec Classes — Over 300 noncredit instructional classes per quarter in aquatics, dance, martial arts, tennis, and more
- Recreation Clubs — Special interest activity clubs
- Sports Clubs — Competitive club teams in a variety of sports
- FitLife — Personal training, massage, and personal wellness group programs including cardio, fitness, pilates, yoga, and Walk UCSD: incentive-based program with online tracking
UCSD Sports Facilities works with Athletics, Recreation, student and staff organizations, and the community to maintain and schedule over 100 sports facilities — and to provide support services for special events that improve the quality of life on campus.
On-campus sports facilities include:
- RIMAC — Recreation IntraMural Athletic Complex
- 3 gymnasiums (RIMAC, Main Gym, and Rec Gym)
- 3 swimming pools
- Track and field complex
- Tennis/ handball courts
- Playing fields
- Conference rooms.