How to Request a Transcript
Find out how to obtain official transcripts of academic records from the Registrar's Office.
Transcripts are $15 per copy. Rush fees and shipping charges may apply. Before you request a transcript, you may need to check and clear holds, verify your current grades or degree status, or gather necessary info. See details below.
Submit your request online (recommended):
- Go to the Order Transcripts tool.
- Fill out the type of transcript, where it should be sent, and submit. You can submit multiple orders before paying.
- Review your order for accuracy.
- Pay for your order.
- Check the status of your order with the Track Transcript Order tool.
Submit a paper request:
- Complete the Transcript Request form (PDF).
- Submit the request in person, by mail, or by fax according to instructions on the form.
Processing times and costs:
||Processing time/ additional info
$15 per copy
|Ready next business day after 2 p.m.
- Photo ID required
- Pick up within 30 days or it will be destroyed (fees are non-refundable).
$15 per copy
|Ready for mailing within 3 business days.
Add $20 per copy to transcript fee
|Processed on same business day, for pick-ups or mail.
||Domestic U.S.: Add $20 to transcript fee
International: Add $35 to transcript fee
- No delivery to P.O. boxes
- Provide Postal Code if applicable
- Rush/FedEx orders must be submitted by 3:30 p.m. for same business day mail out.
Domestic U.S.: Add $5 to the transcript fee for each number
International: Add $10 to the transcript fee for each number
|Faxes generally not considered official
Please note: all transcript fees are non-refundable.
Before you order your transcript:
- Check and clear your holds:
- Go to Holds.
- Contact Student Business Services, (858) 822-4727, for questions about outstanding account balances. You must clear any financial obligations before a transcript can be issued.
- Verify your grades/ degree status are current:
If you order a transcript without checking your records and your transcript is wrong, you are responsible for reordering and paying for another transcript. Log into the Academic History tool to:
- View your current quarter grades
- Confirm grade changes
- Confirm your degree status
If your degree status or grades aren't current, wait to order your transcript until these have been updated.
- Gather information for online ordering:
- Get your PID and PAC.
- Get names and addresses of the places to send your transcript.
- Choose a payment method:
- Electronic check: Requires checking account number and bank routing number
- Credit card: Requires Visa/ MasterCard account number and expiration date