UC San Diego SearchMenu

How to Get Your Student (Triton) Card

All students enrolled for the current school quarter are entitled to a Triton Card. This is your official university ID card, and you are issued just one active card.

Most undergraduate and graduate students will go to the Campus Card office to have their photo taken as part of their orientation. If you missed the orientation or fit into a different student category, get your card by following the steps below according to your status (freshman, grad student, etc.).


  • Have a picture ID available to verify your identity when you have your photo taken and when you pick up your card. You can use your driver's license, passport, state ID card, or other photo ID.
  • No hats, sunglasses, or other objects will be allowed in your picture.
  • Staff members who work with students should contact Campus Cards to schedule an orientation group. Provide the date, estimated number of students, time frame, and contact information.


Your photo will be taken at orientation. If you do not attend orientation or if you commute, you can get a card at Student Business Services (map) when the quarter begins.

  • You will receive your Triton Card on move-in weekend.

Graduate students

Have your photo taken at Student Business Services (map), and pick it up when the quarter begins.

  • Contact your department if you need a Triton Card before the quarter begins. They will need to provide you with a formal letter indicating your start date.
  • Your card will not be activated until the quarter in which you are enrolled.

Note: Visiting graduate or postdoctoral students may qualify for an affiliate card.

Transfer students and Rady School students

If you do not attend orientation, you can get a card at Student Business Services (map) when the quarter begins.

Cross-registered students

Get your PID or student number from the Registrar's Office prior to going to Student Business Services (map) to get your photo taken at the beginning of the quarter.

Summer Session students

Pick up your card at Student Business Services (map) 10 days before the quarter begins.

Extension students

Contact UCSD Extension, (858) 534-3400, for information about your card.

Need more information?

Contact Campus Cards, (858) 822-4727.