How to Apply for Readmission to UCSD (Undergraduates)
Undergraduates, find out how to apply for readmission after you've been absent from UCSD for a quarter or more.
If you have been absent for only 1 quarter, you are considered a continuing student. Please proceed to WebReg.
If you have been absent for 2 quarters or more, you must apply for readmission to UCSD. After you have applied, you will be notified by e-mail of your application status and follow-up steps. Follow these directions to apply for readmission:
- Clear any financial holds (but not academic holds) before you apply for readmission.
- Apply online for readmission during the filing period. Log in with your PID and PAC, and follow the instructions.
- Application filing periods:
- Fall Quarter 2013: February 22 - August 2, 2013
- Winter Quarter 2014: August 16 – November 1, 2013
- Spring Quarter 2014: November 15, 2013 – February 7, 2014
In addition to the above steps, follow the directions below for other circumstances:
- If you have been absent 3 or more quarters and left UCSD in good academic standing:
- You should consult with your college advisor before you enroll in classes.
- You must adhere to graduation requirements in effect at the time of readmission, or to requirements subsequently established.
- If you were on probation or subject to dismissal during your last quarter at UCSD but were not dismissed, consult with your college advisor before you enroll in classes.
- If you have attended another institution since leaving UCSD:
- You must provide official transcripts to the Registrar's Office regardless of the length of attendance, whether courses were completed, or whether you believe the record will affect your chances for readmission. If you provide incomplete or incorrect information about the schools you have attended, your admission to UCSD may be jeopardized.
- A mailing address will be provided to you by e-mail with your notification of application status.
- Check with your department advisor and find out if the major has approved screening criteria. You may be eligible for readmission as a pre-major.
International Students: Contact the International Student Office, (858) 534-3730 for immigration regulations and documents for readmitted international students.
If you have already graduated from UCSD, you can return to UCSD and take additional classes in one of the following ways:
- Limited status
- Follow the readmisson application steps above.
- Be sure to complete the mandatory statement of purpose section.
- Second baccalaureate – not available at this time.
- Contact your college advisor about this and other educational alternatives.
Contact the appropriate resource in the Registrar's Office (map):
- Registration and Readmission information: (858) 534-3150
- To request a paper application, please contact the Registrar's Office: (858) 534-3150