Skip to main content

System Status: 

How to Enroll in Classes at Other UC Campuses (Undergraduate Simultaneous Enrollment)

If you're a current UC San Diego student, you can enroll in a class at another UC campus without additional fees or applying for admission, subject to available space and campus approval. This process is known as "simultaneous enrollment."

In the right place? For information on the Intercampus Visitor (ICV) program please visit the website or contact the Registrar's Office, (858) 534-3150.

1. Find out if you qualify. 

You must:

  • Complete one quarter at UCSD as a matriculated student.
  • Maintain 12 units at UCSD in the current term.
  • Be in good academic standing.
  • Be prepared academically (e.g. complete course prerequisites, etc.) as determined by the host campus.
  • Meet with your college and department advisors.

Notes: Be sure to read the Policies and Procedures for Simultaneous Enrollment. Financial aid is available only through UCSD. Units taken at both campuses may be combined to establish full-time enrollment for financial aid purposes.

2. Download and complete the application.

3. Obtain the required signatures.

  • Take the form to your major department for your advisor's approval.
  • Take the form to your college advisor for approval.

4. Submit your application.

  • Hand deliver the form to: Registrar's Office, Student Services Center (see our hours and location info)
  • Mail the form to:
    UC San Diego
    Office of the Registrar
    9500 Gilman Drive #0022
    La Jolla, CA 92093-0022

  • The program coordinator will send the form to the other campus for approval.

5. Wait for approval.

You'll be notified by the Registrar's Office if your application has been approved by both campuses.
Questions? Contact the Registrar's Office, (858) 534-3150.