Skip to main content

System Status: 

How to Request a Transcript

Learn how to obtain official transcripts of your academic records from the Registrar's Office.

Important Notices

Due to COVID-19, the Office of the Registrar will continue to conduct business virtually with limited hours in-person. If you need to reach us, please email Transcripts can only be be processed via electronic delivery or mail. Transcripts requiring attachments (per customer request) will be processed once a week and mailed out every Thursday.

Please be advised that not all graduate programs accept electronic transcripts. It is your responsibility to select the appropriate transcript option. If you order incorrectly, you are responsible for reordering and paying for any shipping fees.

Before you order your transcript

Check and clear your holds:

  1. Go to Holds.
  2. Review your holds and take the necessary steps to clear any holds that might prevent you from ordering a transcript.

Log into the Academic History tool to:

  1. View your current quarter grades
  2. Confirm grade changes
  3. Confirm your degree status
  4. Students who have graduated prior to 1991 no longer have access to their online academic history (unofficial transcript) and therefore need to order official transcripts.

Submit your request online

  1. Go to Order Official Documents.
  2. Log in using your PID and PAC or password. If you have graduated you can sign in using your Social Login to order your transcript or view your Academic History.
  3. During Step 2 of the ordering process, click on the hyperlink underneath the search engine to view all ordering options (see diagram below).parchment-exchange1.jpg
  4. Select the type of transcript and where it should be sent. You can request a maximum of 10 copies per day.
  5. Review your order for accuracy.
  6. Pay any fees associated with your order and submit.

Processing times and costs

Service Fee Processing time/
additional info

Electronic (PDF)

Covered by the one-time document fee.

Processed and emailed to requested recipient within the same day of order.

Regular mail

Covered by the one-time document fee.

Mailed same day as ordered if submitted by 3:30 p.m. (Pacific Time)

International 1st Class Airmail


Mailed same day as ordered if submitted by 3:30 p.m. (Pacific Time)

Additional service times and costs

Service Fee Processing time/
additional info
Rush service Covered by the one-time document fee. All transcripts are mailed same day as ordered if submitted by 3:30 p.m. (Pacific Time)

Domestic U.S.: Add $22.50

International: Add $45.00

  • No delivery to P.O. boxes
  • Provide Postal Code if applicable
  • FedEx orders must be submitted by 12:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) for same business day mail out.


Contact the Transcript/Verification Department at or (858) 534-3153.

Transcript/Verification Phone Services Hours:
Mon., Tues., Wed., Fri., 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Thurs., 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.