Deadline March 2:
Priority deadline for filing the FAFSA or California Dream Act Application is: March 2, 2016
Complete only one application. Indicate UCSD’s School Code: 001317.
Students who are U.S. Citizens or permanent residents can complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Students who are AB540/AB2000 eligible and who are not eligible to submit a FAFSA, can submit the California Dream Act Application at www.CalDreamAct.org.
Important note: If you have not created an FSA ID before you start completing your Renewal FAFSA, go to https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid.
A FAFSA worksheet is available to help you complete your FASFA on the web.
- Update income tax figures using the IRS Data Retrieval tool via FAFSA on the web.
- If your parents are required to sign the FAFSA, they may also request a FSA ID in lieu of submitting a FAFSA signature page.
- If you do not receive a Student Aid Report email or notice from the Department of Education processor within 7 days after you have filed your FAFSA, follow up with the processor on the receipt of your application. The processor can be reached at 1-800-4FED AID (1-800-433-3243).
California Dream Act Application Filers:
A Dream Application Worksheet is available to help you complete your application.
If your parents are required to sign the California Dream Act Application, they may also request a PIN at https://dream.csac.ca.gov/ in lieu of submitting a California Dream Act Application signature page.
Spring Quarter 2017 Financial Aid Disbursements will credit to UCSD student accounts beginning:
(Non Direct Loan awards) Thursday, February 23rd
(Direct Loans) Saturday, March 25th
Registration fee payment deadline Friday, March 24th
Spring Quarter remainder funds for direct deposit will be available beginning Monday, April 3rd.
To make sure your financial aid is available in time to pay your fees:
- Regularly check your Financial Aid Checklist to view and/or complete requested items or actions.
- Frequently review your UCSD e-mail account for messages from the Financial Aid Office.
- If you have loans, make sure you complete all the required paperwork and the TritonLink loan counseling session. Questions about Perkins Loan or University Loan required paperwork can be directed to Student Business Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See additional disbursement requirements and make sure you've complied with them.
- Your account will be credited once you're enrolled in Spring classes. (Wait-listed classes do NOT count as enrolled units.)
- Review your Spring Quarter billing statement beginning March 2 to make sure financial aid has been applied to his/her UCSD account. Please note that Direct Loan funds will not credit to student accounts until March 25 due to Federal regulations. However, pending Direct Loan payments will be calculated into the current online balance on TritonLink.
Billing statement tip: Access the "Current Account Activity" view on your TritonLink bill for up-to-date account activity.
- Sign up for direct deposit by Monday, March 6 for your Winter remainder funds to credit your bank account at the beginning of Spring Quarter, starting April 3rd.
Read about the Middle Class Scholarship (MCS) program for the 2015-16 academic year.
Learn about the new Triton Food Pantry located at the Original Student Center adjacent to AS Soft Reserves.