UC San Diego SearchMenu

How to Transfer to Another Department or Major (Graduates)

If you're a graduate student, follow these steps to transfer to another department or major.

  1. Contact the department of destination.
  2. Obtain a Graduate Student General Petition.
  3. Submit the petition.
    • Submit the completed petition with all necessary signatures to the Graduate Division (map).

If you have questions, please contact the appropriate resource: