How to Transfer to Another Department or Major (Graduates)
If you're a graduate student, follow these steps to transfer to another department or major.
- Contact the department of destination.
- Get approval from the department you are interested in transferring to.
- Obtain a Graduate Student General Petition.
- Pick up a petition from your department or the Office of Graduate Studies (OGS).
- Submit the petition.
- Submit the completed petition with all necessary signatures to OGS (map).
If you have questions, please contact the appropriate resource: