Skip to main content

System Status: 

Returning to UC San Diego After an Absence (Undergraduate Students)

Returning to UC San Diego is a quick and simple process, whether you’ve been gone just one quarter or longer. Follow the steps below to begin.

If you have only been absent for one quarter, you are still considered a continuing student and can proceed to WebReg.

If you have been absent for two or more quarters, you must follow a few steps before returning to UC San Diego. After you have completed your online request to return, you will receive a status update via email with some follow-up steps for you to complete.

Note: This process was formerly referred to as “Readmission”.

Submission Periods

Fall 2024 Winter 2025 Spring 2025

February 23, 2024


August 1, 2024

August 23, 2024


November 1, 2024

November 15, 2024


February 1, 2025

Summer 2024: Please submit a request to return for Fall Quarter 2024. Upon receiving confirmation of your return, email informing our office that you would like to attend summer session courses. 

Step 1: Before Submitting Your Request to Return

Step 2: Review Additional Circumstances for Returning to UC San Diego

Review these additional circumstances to determine if any apply to you. If they do, follow the instructions in that section.

If you left the university while on Academic Probation or Subject to Disqualification:

  • The Registrar's Office will forward your request to your undergraduate college's Academic Advising Office of review.
  • Consult with your college advisor and major department advisor to discuss enrollment plans and address any concerns before you enroll in classes.

If you left the university after being academically disqualified:

If you have been absent for three or more quarters:

If you have attended another institution since leaving UCSD:

  • You must submit official transcripts to the Office of Admissions regardless of the length of attendance, whether courses were completed, or whether you believe the record will affect your chances for returning. If you provide incomplete or incorrect information about the schools you have attended, your return to UCSD may be delayed
*Documents sent by National Student Clearinghouse should be sent to
**Naviance transcripts are only accepted through Parchment.
    • Transcripts are accepted via postal mail to the address below:

    University of California, San Diego
    Office of Admissions
    Attn: Transcripts
    9500 Gilman Dr., Dept. 0021
    La Jolla, CA 92093-0021
    • Transcripts are accepted via certified courier to the address below:

    University of California San Diego
    Student Services Center Fourth Floor South
    402 Myers Drive, Suite 455
    La Jolla, CA 92093-0021
  • Second baccalaureate degrees are not available at UC San Diego. If it is determined that you received a baccalaureate from another institution, your request to return to UCSD will be canceled immediately.

If you are returning to UC San Diego after active duty:

  • Students who must report for active duty while enrolled in a term at UC San Diego are subject to the same return regulations as all undergraduate students at UC San Diego. Please refer to the return procedures as outlined on this page. 
  • For undergraduate students who are called to active duty in the United States Military as a result of national emergency or mobilization of reserve forces, including the National Guard, and re-enroll at the university, the time remaining in their six-year tuition cohort period will be extended. 
    • Students should submit a copy of their orders with their request to return to UC San Diego. Contact for more information regarding a fee waiver or cohort period extension.

If you are an international student:

Step 3: Submit Your Request to Return Online

Simply login with your PID and PAC, and follow the instructions to complete your return request during the filing periods listed in the table above.


  • A non-refundable filing fee of $70.00 will be charged to your UCSD student account.
  • A One-Time Document Fee may also be charged to your UCSD student account, if applicable

Submit Your Request to Return to UC San Diego

Questions? Please contact the Registrar's Office at