Student Mail Services
Learn about on-campus mail services.
- You can purchase postage at these locations:
- Sending intracampus mail:
- Always include your return address.
- Use the campus mail system for mail directed to any department or person (with a campus Mail Code) living or working on campus.
- Drop campus mail at any Residential Life office. No postage is necessary, but make sure you have the correct box number or Mail Code.
- Mail collection:
- Mail collection times for dark blue U.S. Postal Service boxes are listed on each mailbox.
- Mail collection times for light blue UCSD Mail Services boxes: Weekdays at noon.
- Sending packages:
- Official UCSD mailing address for students:
- Student Name
9450 Gilman Dr
La Jolla, CA 92092-0100
- Students living on campus are assigned mailboxes through their Residential Life office.
- Student mail is delivered the same day as Mail Services receives it from the U.S. Postal Service.
- Junk mail, such as coupons and free samples, is not delivered.
- Make sure everyone who sends you mail has your full name and address, including your mailbox number.
- Remind friends and family to use your full name (no nicknames) and your correct address when sending you mail. Incorrectly addressed mail will be delayed or returned.
- Remember to notify contacts, vendors, friends, and family of your address changes.
- For your safety and privacy, be sure to clear your mailbox combination after checking your mailbox by closing the door and spinning the lock to a random number.
- Do not leave your mailbox unlocked.
- Report broken mailboxes to Student Mail Services or any Residential Life office, or call (858) 534-7098.
Packages are received at the locations below. Your notification slip will include the correct location. All locations are closed on weekends.
- Mail Services: Campus Services Complex, Building A (map), near the Canyonview Pool. Hours: Weekdays, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Muir College: Parcel Center next to Muir Woods Coffee House (map), below Sierra Summit dining hall. Hours: Refer to the posted schedule.
- Sixth College: Parcel Center by the Residential Life office (map). Hours: Refer to posted schedule.
- Thurgood Marshall College: Parcel Center next to the Fireside Lounge (map). Hours: Refer to the posted schedule.
- Eleanor Roosevelt College: Parcel Center in Middle Earth Room 110 (map). Hours: Refer to the posted schedule.
- Miramar Street: In the Residential Services building near mailbox area. Hours: Weekdays, 11 a.m.– 4 p.m.
Accountable mail is any letter or package that requires your signature for delivery. Your Residential Life office will notify you with instructions for pick-up.
- U.S. Express, certified, and registered mail are delivered each weekday afternoon.
- UPS, FedEx, and DHL are delivered each weekday morning.
- Packages that arrive on weekends or holidays can be picked up the following business day.
To request that your mail be forwarded to you, see the Student Mail Services instructions.
- Return the form to any Residential Life office, or
- Mail the form to Mail Services.
- From on campus, send to Mail Code 0047.
- From off campus, mail the form to:
UC San Diego
Student Mail Services
9500 Gilman Drive #0047
La Jolla, CA 92093-0047
Note: Mail Services will forward your mail for a maximum of 60 days after spring quarter ends.
Contact Student Mail Services, (858) 534-7098 or Jorge Espinoza
, (858) 822-1674.