How to Request/ Remove an Incomplete
Notice to Graduating Seniors:
Requesting an "Incomplete" in your final quarter, or extending an "Incomplete" past the quarter you requested for graduation will delay your graduation date. You must also submit a new degree and diploma application form for the new quarter of graduation.
If circumstances beyond your control prevent you from completing a class, you might be able to request an Incomplete (I).
- Make sure you're eligible for an Incomplete.
- If you're not passing a class because you've simply fallen behind, you're not eligible for an Incomplete. If you decide to withdraw from a class, you can do so until the end of the ninth week.
Read the Academic Senate policy (section B) about Incomplete grades.
- Request an Incomplete.
- Contact your instructor to find out if requesting an Incomplete is appropriate in your circumstances.
- The deadline for filing a request for an incomplete shall be no later than the first working day after final examination week.
- Note: Your instructor may require the submission of an Incomplete Form. If so, please contact your department advisor for assistance.
- If you can't complete the form because of illness, absence, or other circumstances, contact your instructor or department advisor for help.
- Make up (remove) the Incomplete.
Note: You do not need to re-enroll in the course.
- You must complete your work by the date given by your instructor. (This date can be no later than the last day of the next quarter's finals, excluding Summer Session.)
If you don't complete your work, you'll receive a permanent F, NP, or U for the class.
- The instructor will assign the new grade to replace the Incomplete.
If you have questions, contact: